Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

Heading to the pumpkin patch and picking out my own pumpkin to carve was a necessity this year! I haven’t carved pumpkins in years, but this year feels different and more traditional so it was a must.

I fully planned on taking a bunch of wonderful “oh this day is so fun” pictures

BUT

when we got to the patch there was a bunch of this

dailiness.com mudClick Photo for Credit

So just imagine this

zimbio.com Alyssa Braun Annual Mud Day Celebration Lets Kids Get Dirty rOS7KBcnzkelClick Photo for Credit

with a few pumpkins around me!

Once I was able to get home and cleaned up the magic started.

I originally planned to carve something very Halloween-ish and then figured, why not do something a little more me. So I did.

IMG_2851sig

If you look close you can see the crown reflection shadow on the wall in the back. I had so much fun that I’m thinking of doing a whole princess collection.

Have you carved your pumpkins yet?

2 comments:

Kenzie said...

I love this! We haven't even bought pumpkins yet! I am waiting on my husband to get home to help me first! Love the crown in the back!

Karen said...

That is so cool! I love what you did. I have always wanted to do something Fancy like that, but don't have the guts! Great Job and I love your blog. I am a new follower. Stop by when you get the chance:
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com