Monday, May 16, 2011

Battle Of The Ages

Over an office……

Maybe it’s more the battle of maturity, either way this war is driving me nuts!

I wouldn’t call myself a decorator by any means, nor will I be applying for the Pottery Barn staging team anytime soon, but I do enjoy decorating and I LOVE flipping through inspiration pictures.

Inspiration pictures is what got me into this problem!

Sense and “maturity” tells me I should decorate my office something like this.

bhg.com 48efa613b652

BHG.com

decorpad.com 1edfea838b38

Decorpad.com

decorpad.com 4cca5be012ac

Decorpad.com

decorpad.com 8e7d7a9d2d51

Decorpad.com

decorpad.com 8430e8ea5b76

Decorpad.com

Yes, very mature…very upscale. Whoo Whoo.

Don’t get me wrong, I love each and every one of these inspiration pictures but when it comes right down to it, I want to slap this all over the room.

community.babycenter.com bedding fabrics

Babycenter.com

love-kills-pink-black-31000

Or make it look something like this

enchantedenfant.blogspot eloise-store-page-02

Enchantedenfant.blogspot

Well minus the pepto pink walls, because well, even I have a pink limit.

So you see the battle I’m in, I’m just not sure how to call truths and satisfy both sides. Any ideas?

6 comments:

Sabrina Marie said...

I have these battles too!! Whenever I want to decorate a room, I always looks up inspring images on Google. Then I end up doing what I originally wanted all along, hahaha. Glad I found your blog...I like it!

www.accordingtosabrina.blogspot.com

Ariel Tyler Henley said...

I love the last image! It's from the Eloise room at The Plaza, right?! I was obsessed with that movie growing up, so I visit The Plaza every time I'm in the city.

N @ Cheap Like a Birdie said...

It is! I am a HUGE fan of the color pink so it fits me pretty well lol.

Anonymous said...

i so love the pink room!!!

http://ilovemakeup68.blogspot.com/

Viva said...

U got a lovely blog!

I would do a pink room too- if left to my devices! :P

following you!

lasophia said...

Think that pink room is gorgeous. I know how you feel, Im 27 and Im like, I need to stop decorating with Hello Kitty. oh geez. ha.

Sophia
http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com